delita webster Member replied

393 weeks ago

So now that the Alexander tier is complete, and we've been presented all of the raid content in Heavensward, I'm curious how people rank the fights in Alexander. These rankings can be formatted however you want, using whatever metric you want. You could rank by most to least fun, most to least rewarding, most to least imaginative or creative fight design, or whatever. This is simply a fun opinion thread, I'm curious what everyone in the fc thinks of the Alexander raid tier as a whole.

So here's my list. I tend to value fights that have really simple and easy to understand mechanics that become difficult when put into quick succession to each other and require you to "stay on your toes" so to speak. I also like fights that are difficult and feel rewarding to finally get that kill you've been raiding so much for. So without further ado.

***#1 Spot***
–Living Liquid (A3)
(I could gush on and on about how much I love this fight, but I'll just say that I feel like the balance of mechanics with dps checks and positioning in this fight is some of the most well designed stuff in this game)

***Top Tier***
–Oppressor (A1)
–Cruise Chaser (A11)
–Alexander Prime (A12)
(All of these fights are really fun to perform. I feel like the difficulty could have been tuned up a bit on all of them in either just pure number tweaking or by making mechanics more challenging or more involved, but regardless of that, they're still really fun fights)

***Mid Tier***
–Manipulator (A4)
–Cuff of the Son(A6)
–Quickthinx Allthoughts (A7)
–Lamebrix Strikebocks (A10)
(These fights are ones that I find just generally mediocre, none of the mechanics are particularly well designed or satisfying to execute, (with the exception of Vortexer, although that's only one fourth of the fight) and they can have their issues for just overall fight enjoyment (Nisi/Sac Strat and Quarantine in A4, Dot ticks and ball rng and jails in A7). These fights aren't bad per se, but could definitely be better imo. Thinking back on it, I'd probably put pre-nerf A6 in "Top-Tier" but they nerfed it so early in Midas that I even forget what that fight used to be like.)

***Garbage Tier***
–Cuff of the Father (A2)
–Ratfinx Twinkledinx (A5)
–Brute Justice (A8)
–Refurbisher (A9)
(So all of these fights are generally just really gimmicky and a chore to fight. A2 was just a bunch of trash with gobwalker stuns, A5 had needles that turn you into monkeys and birds and stuff, A9 is a target dummy where people have to pick up adds and move them into squares, and A8 is just an orgy of dps holding, dodge phases, and mechanics vomit. Not saying these fights don't have any redeeming value, there are something good things in them, but in general they're just very "bleh")

So yeah, that's my tier ranking with comments, I'm curious what others have to say about the Alexander raid tier as a whole and on the individual fights. Also don't feel obligated to make a full essay like I have, if you just have thoughts about a few fights or just simply want to put a vanilla tier list or ranking chart, go for that, I'm just curious what other people think.

-Delita

Rinrin Heartilly Officer replied

393 weeks ago

I hate A3 with a burning passion, delita pls.

Nononono Member replied

393 weeks ago

Here is my list of favourites (1 highest) to least favourites (12 lowest). Please keep in mind this is from the perspective of either healing and/or being a caster - I'm sure different role perspectives would influence these rankings xD

Yey….

01. Alexander Prime A12
02. Lamebrix Strikebocks A10
03. Cuff of the Son A6
04. Living Liquid A3

Ok….

05. Refurbisher A9
06. Brute Justice A8
07. Ratfinx Twinkledinx A5
08. Cuff of the Father A2

Bleh….

09. Quickthinx Allthoughts A7
10. Oppressor A1
11. Cruise Chaser A11
12. Manipulator A4

Death Ai Member replied

393 weeks ago

Mine is from an all melee perspective. Mine are based on the creativity and mechanics uniqueness. and then its pretty much how fun it was to dps it

Cool and Fun

1 ) A10 (Lamebrix Strikebocks)
2 ) A3 (Living Liquid)
3 ) A7 Quickthinx Allthoughts
4 ) A12 (Alexander Prime)

Entertaining but hassle

5 ) A9 (Refurbisher)
6 ) A11 (Cruise Chaser)
7 ) A1 (Oppressor)

Annoying as shit (mostly because of others not being competent players)

8 ) A6 (Cuff of the Son)
9 ) A5 (Ratfinx Twinkledinx)
10) A8 (Brute Justice)
11) A4 (Manipulator)
12) A2 (Cuff of the Father) <– Cause i had to drive that stupid gobtank for 15+ hours before my first kill.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

MermaidEden Admin replied

392 weeks ago

FAVORITES

→ A3S - Living Liquid is my favorite fight of Alexander. It was a really well designed fight and I also enjoyed the high level of difficulty. It made me a better player tbh, it forced me to push myself harder than I ever had to before.

→ A12S - This fight flows so smoothly for healers, I really like maximizing DPS while still enjoying some semi-challenging healing requirements. The mechanics are actually fun too. Oh and I can't forget the amazing visual effects of Temporal Stasis…it makes me want to risk wiping my group for screenshots ^_^;

GOOD STUFF

→ A6S - I like the design of the fight being like 4 mini bosses all with their own unique set of mechanics. Pre-nerf it was challenging for many groups as well which I like… I liked the charges of the Blaster and the elemental debuff swapping on Vortexer. Also I may be a little biased because WHM really shined on this fight. I could pad my heart out on the Blaster adds while Moon rez'd the DPS who died to charges (skypesunface)

→ A10S - There is a lot going on in this fight, there's lots of little things to be careful not to mess up with buttons, positioning, prey swaps, pizza cutters etc… I really enjoy doing the little dance with all the mechanics while still trying to put out high DPS and keep the raid alive. It's a really fun fight!

DO NOT LIKE

→ A4S - FUCK YOU mana eating Straf Doll dickheads!!! I did NOT enjoy having my entire mana pool wiped out by Straf Dolls repeatedly, I also never enjoyed cheesing the Nisi and how unreliable the sac method could be depending on player ping. I always wanted to do the fight properly but never got the chance, I'm kind of salty about that. Although I never had an ounce of fun on this fight I do have a respect for it. Similar to A3S it helped me be a better player.

→ A5S - Way too tryhard imo… I know SE felt the need to redeem themselves after Gordias being such a tough and sometimes discouraging tier but I think they went a bit overboard and made the fight have a silly feel to it. It wasn't a fight I could really take seriously with all the theatrics of turning into a gorilla or a bird and the big silly looking goblin boss.

→ A9S - I don't hate this fight, but I certainly don't like it. It's a target dummy…the ease is almost laughable, it doesn't require much movement, skill or coordination and it's just boring *thumbs down*

SIDE NOTE

My rating of the tiers overall, in order, would be Gordias, Midas, Creator. I wasn't a very good player at the start of Gordias but I feel as though I've improved a lot since and would love to tackle another tier of similar difficulty level with my current team. Some may argue that it was a bit too hard and I can understand that so I wouldn't even mind if raids stayed around the Midas level difficulty, but Creator… the fights are fun, yes, but did I feel any sense of accomplishment when I killed them? no… The week after we killed Creator I was really down on the game. It literally depressed me. I hyped myself up for a new tier with my team and expected to work hard and progress for a few weeks, obviously that didn't happen so it was disappointing. My little mini-depression only lasted a short time though, I'm re-motivated to compete in speed kills and perfect my AST!

mehreensiddique replied

199 weeks ago

We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Cupons De Desconto Americanas
Please log in to post a reply.